Kendal, Lowther Street PM chapel and school, Westmorland

By GW Oxley

Kendal, Lowther Street PM chapel A “fine and adequate” chapel and school in Lowther Street were purchased from the  Congregational Union for £1868.15.4 in 1929. It had been closed by 1940

Sources

John Rylands Library, Carlisle and Whitehaven PM District Chapel Committee minutes,

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991

Site visit 15 April 2016

Photo:Kendal, Lowther Street PM Chapel from east, 15 April 2016

Kendal, Lowther Street PM Chapel from east, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Kendal, Lowther Street PM Chapel porch and datestone, 15 April 2016

Kendal, Lowther Street PM Chapel porch and datestone, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 28/07/2016.