West Newton PM rented preaching place, Cumberland

By GW Oxley

West Newton is about two miles north of Aspatria. There was preaching place here providing 30-40 seats from 1883 to 1886 and from 1906 to1934. Latterly a rented cottage was being used . The building has not been identified.

Sources

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/84 Wigton PM Circuit property schedules, 1868 - 1989

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/86/2 Wigton PM Circuit property schedules, 1890 - 1932

Cumbria Archive Service, Carlisle DFCM9/86/2 Wigton Methodist Circuit property schedules, 1933 - 1949

This page was added by GW Oxley on 26/03/2016.