Hull, Church Street Sculcoates PM Chapel

Grid ref TA098303

By GW Oxley

When visited some thirty years ago this building was surrounded by commercial and industrial premises and had been closed for many years. It was then being used by a wine merchant for storage.

Photo:Hull, Church Street Sculcoates PM Chapel

Hull, Church Street Sculcoates PM Chapel

G W Oxley

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hull, Church Street Sculcoates PM Chapel' page
This page was added by GW Oxley on 29/10/2015.
Comments about this page

The society began in 1819 when they met in the ‘Old Penitentiary’ and subsequently in two cottages. A new chapel opened in Church Street was extended in 1846 to include a Sunday school. Closed in 1872 it was then used by the Salvation Army. Probably replaced by Samuel Hodge Memorial, Lincoln Street in 1872, architect Samul Musgrave, and closed in 1935.

By Colin Dews
On 03/03/2018