Lask Edge Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lask Edge Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lask Edge Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lask Edge Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lask Edge Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Lask Edge Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire' page

This chapel was built in 1875

The date on this chapel is 1875 but according to the statistical records of 1972 it was built in 1880. The statistical records of 1940 indicate that it suffered bomb damage.

The stone chapel is a delightful building sitting high up on the moor. It would appear that it was built on the corner of a farmer's field. There is also a small graveyard.

In 2015 it is still open for worship.

Photos taken January 2015

OS Map Ref:118:SJ916566

 

Note added Sept 2017 by CH

The 1841 Primitive Methodist magazine contains an account by Hugh Bourne of the opening of Lask Edge Primitive Methodist chapel in the Tunstall circuit on October 4th 1840.


Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine February 1841 page 57

 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 03/02/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.