Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel Northumberland' page
Photo:One of the stained glass windows at the back of the chapel

One of the stained glass windows at the back of the chapel

Photo:One of the stained glass windows at the back of the chapel

One of the stained glass windows at the back of the chapel

Photo:Three chapel plates on display in the chapel

Three chapel plates on display in the chapel

Photo:1893 Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel  as it was in 1996

1893 Donaldson's Lodge Primitive Methodist Chapel as it was in 1996

Keith Guyler 1996

This chapel was built in 1893

Primitive Methodism came to Donaldson's Lodge 20 years before this chapel was built. Worship then took place in a cottage at the west end of the village. The preachers and members were part of the Lowick Circuit. When the present chapel was built the stone came from a local quarry at Doddington. In the early years there was a thriving Sunday School, a Youth Club, two services on Sunday and Camp Meetings were held frequently. 

 In the 1990s the whole building underwent extensive refurbishment and new stained glass windows were added. In 2015 this stone built chapel is still open for worship. There are 17 members.

Photos taken January 2015

OS Map Ref:74:NT872416  

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 20/01/2015.