Acomb PM Chapel York

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Acomb PM Chapel York' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Acomb PM Chapel York' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Acomb PM Chapel York' page

This small chapel was built in 1824

This chapel is situated on The Green in Acomb. It was replaced by a larger chapel in 1911. This was built on Front Street.

In 1911 the chapel on The Green was purchased by the Quakers and has been in use as a Friends' Meeting House ever since.

The chapel on Front Street was demolished in 1965 when the new Acomb Methodist Church was built lower down the street.

Photos taken December 2014

OS Map Ref:105:SE572513

 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 01/12/2014.
Comments about this page

Borthwick Institute Archives (part of York University):

Ref. MR/ACP: Acomb PM Chapel, various documents in 2 boxes. 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 04/06/2018