Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel Co Durham

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel  Co Durham' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel  Co Durham' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Middleton in Teesdale Primitive Methodist Chapel  Co Durham' page
Photo:1872 Middleton in Teesdale Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel   in 1991

1872 Middleton in Teesdale Bourne Primitive Methodist Chapel in 1991

Keith Guyler 1991

This chapel was built in 1872 and was also known as the Bourne PM Chapel.

Middleton in Teesdale Bourne PM Chapel possibly closed for worship 25-30 years ago. In 2013 the chapel building has been very tastefully converted into self-catering holiday accommodation for up to 14 people and is called Springfield House.

Photos taken September 2013.

OS Map ref:92:NY949254 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 27/03/2014.
Comments about this page

The architect was George Race

By Colin Dews
On 28/02/2018

Thomas Dearlove tells us in the Primitive Methodist magazine (April 1861 page 232) that in 1860 the society bought  an existing chapel for £80 of which they had raised £40.

By Christopher Hill
On 27/03/2018