Kynaston Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo:Kynaston Primitive Methodist Chapel 2014

Kynaston Primitive Methodist Chapel 2014

R Beck

Photo:Kynaston PM Chapel

Kynaston PM Chapel

R Beck

Location of Kynaston PM Chapel

East side of minor road, Kynaston, Much Marcle Civil Parish, Herefordshire

By Richard Beck

Location GR – SO 64354 35802 


There is no information on when it was built and opened or when it closed.

 

Herefordshire Through Time web site states :- HER no. 36605, A Primitive Methodist Chapel at Kynaston which is marked on the 1887 1st Edition OS map, but not on modern ones.

 

Kelly’s Directory No entries.

 

On the 1888 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive).

On the 1904 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Mission Room.

On the 1929 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Mission Room.

On the 1974-5 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Mission Room.

The above maps may be viewed at Old Maps

 

Methodist Church, Statistical Returns, 1940 – Birmingham District - Hereford – not recorded.

This page was added by Richard Beck on 30/01/2014.
Comments about this page

The chapel on Broadmoor Common which is about three miles away is also built like that in Kynaston in rat trap bond, for which some local builder had a penchant. There is rat trap bond to be seen in Fownhope, Woolhope and Putley. We know the Broadmoor Chapel to have been built in 1857-58 so that gives us a reference point for the date.

By Stephen Horsfield
On 28/04/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.