Whaplode Drove, Broadgate Chapel, Lincolnshire

By Raymond E.O.Ella

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln has the following records relating to this chapel:

Ref. MLI87110: Site of former Primitive Methodist Chapel, Broadgate, Whaplode Drove, built in 1867, closed in 1963, and later demolished.

Cited on Lincolnshire O.S. Map County Series, year 1904.

The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated:
Spalding and Holbeach Primitive Methodist Circuit 1867-1934
Donington and Spalding Methodist Circuit 1934-1939
Spalding Methodist Circuit 1939-1963

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 04/12/2017.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Whaplode Drove, Broadgate/D/1/1:

Conveyance of site for a Chapel, 31st May 1867. Amongst people mentioned is Robert Ducker of Spalding, Superintendent of the Primitive Methodist Connexion. Ref. D/4/1: Appointments of new Trustees, 1901. Ref. E/7: Closure/Sale c.1966-1967.

Other documents.

........................................

Note: if there is a survival of documents for a PM Chapel at Whaplode Fen, we have not been able to locate them at this present time.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 28/06/2018