Wainfleet All Saints Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1869 Wainfleet All Saints Primitive Methodist chapel

1869 Wainfleet All Saints Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1995

location of Wainfleet All Saints Primitive Methodist chapel

Rumbold Lane, Wainfleet All Saints PE24 4DS

By Christopher Hill

The first Wainfleet Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1838. The chapel in Keith Guyler's photograph dates from 1869. This chapel closed in December 1933 and was subsequently used partly for commercial purposes and partly as a flat.

Keith Guyler's notes refer to a third chapel, dated 1891, that appears to have been a Methodist Reformed chapel. Why it is included in the Primitive Methodist database is not clear.

location of the 1869 chapel: TF 498590

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 07/10/2015.
Comments about this page

Lincolnshire Archives, Lincoln:

Ref. Meth/C/Wainfleet Bank, Primitive/G., Society and Leaders and Primitive/C., Trust with Committees.

Ref. Primitive/H., Sunday School.

Note: there is the village of Wainfleet All Saints and nearby Wainfleet St. Mary.

 

By Mr. & Mrs. Ella (Ray & Marie)
On 17/11/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.