Staxton Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:former Staxton Primitive Methodist chapel

former Staxton Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 2000

Main Street, Staxton, SCARBOROUGH, YO12 4SY

By Christopher Hill

Staxton Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1847 according to the date stone over the door.   It is built in red brick in Flemish bond, with a slate roof.

On Google Street View in March 2009 it is disused and boarded up.

OS Grid Ref. TA0186479209

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 12/04/2015.
Comments about this page

North Yorkshire Record Office, Northallerton:

Ref. R/M/FIL: Filey Methodist Circuit Records, to include Staxton Primitive Methodist Records 1863-1932, 1933-1996.

Crimlisk Fisher Archives (at Filey Council Offices):

Ref. PM/1/1: Staxton (near Willerby) PM Chapel information.

Note: Willerby Staxton, North Yorkshire, not the Willerby in East Yorkshire. 

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 11/07/2018