South Rauceby Primitive Methodist chapel

Photo:1834 South Rauceby Primitive Methodist chapel

1834 South Rauceby Primitive Methodist chapel

Keith Guyler 1996

location of South Rauceby Primitive Methodist chapel

Chapel Close, South Rauceby NG34 8QZ

By Christopher Hill

South Rauceby Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1834, with its foundation by a group of Primitive Methodists led by Mr Joseph Middleton, a minister from Fulbeck. 

There is an account by J Middleton in the Primitive Methodist magazine of the opening of the chapel. Opening services on 26th and 27th October 1834 were taken by W Paddison and J Middleton.

The chapel closed in 1944.

After closure it became The Old Chapel house.

location: 023456


Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine 1835 p.189

 

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 25/09/2015.
Comments about this page

More detail about the opening of the chapel has been added to this page.

By Christopher Hill
On 16/05/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.