South Ossett PM Chapel

Photo:Postcard given to Englesea Brook by Revd Howard Clark, Ottawa, Canada

Postcard given to Englesea Brook by Revd Howard Clark, Ottawa, Canada

This page was added by Randle Knight on 02/09/2017.
Comments about this page

West Yorkshire Archives Services, HQ, Wakefield branch:

Ref. Ref. WWMC31/C8/5: Ossett Queen Street Primitive Methodist Circuit Records, to include Preaching Plans 1908-1932, etc. Other Circuit documents from c.1870-1932, 1933-1954. (Some records include a 100 year viewing restriction). 

Ref. C111/603-607: Ossett Green (later Queen Street) Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel, duplicate Marriage Registers 1899-1932, 1933-1959.

Ref. WM168/C8/23: Ossett Queens St. Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel and Sunday School Records, c.1856-1932, 1933-1962.

Ref. C111/615/6-618: Ossett Common, South Parade (Trinity) Primitive Methodist Chapel, duplicate Marriage Registers 1910-1932, etc. Also Ref. WWM170/C8/25: documents c.1861-1932, 1933-1968.

Ref. WWM166/C8/21: Ossett Dewsbury Road Streetside  Primitive Methodist Chapel, Closed 1986. Various Chapel and Sunday School documents c. 1863-1932, 1933-c.1986/7. 

Anyone viewing these perticular above documented references at the WYAS needs to verify that all Chapels were Primitive Methodist pre-1932.

Editor's Note: Follow this link to Genuki to view a picture of the Mount Zion Chapel.

By Raymond E.O.Ella
On 16/04/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.