Nantwich (Willaston) Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo:Photo No.1

Photo No.1

Photo by permission of the local historical society

Photo:Photo No.2

Photo No.2

Photo by permission of the local historical society

Photo:Photo No.3

Photo No.3

Photo:Photo No.4

Photo No.4

Photo by permission of the local historical society

Photo:Photo No.5

Photo No.5

Photo by permission of the local historical society

The Chapel used to stand in Wistaston Road almost opposite Coppice Road

Willaston Primitive Methodist Chapel was probably built in 1875 and was used for worship until 1962 when it closed. The Society then moved to join with the Society at St. Stephen's Methodist Church in Gainsborough Road Crewe. The Chapel had seating for 230 persons. The Chapel was demolished in 1963, to be replaced at some time with a number of modern houses.

Photo No. 3 taken July 2017

Compare the same street scene in photos 2 & 3. What a difference!!!!

Photo No.4 Ladies group outside the Chapel Sunday School in the 1950's.

Photo No.5 Sunday School group also in the 1950's

OS Map Ref:118:SJ680525

 

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 21/07/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.