Madley Primitive Methodist Chapel, Herefordshire.

Photo:Chapel pictured in 1991

Chapel pictured in 1991

David Hill

Photo:Chapel pictured in 2009

Chapel pictured in 2009

David Hill

By Geoff Dickinson

The Herefordshire Through Time Website gives the following information:

Madley: Methodist Chapel

Historic Environment Record reference no. 35250, Ordnance Survey grid reference: SO 4163 3840

A black and white chapel with a small porch to the front with a semi-circular window above. Along each side of the building are two rows of three windows, which may mean that this building is of two storeys.

It was first used as a Baptist Chapel from the mid-1700s, although the building itself is of an earlier date. Near the front door of the chapel is a gravestone dated 1828.

The chapel was closed and then re-opened in 1922 as a Plymouth Brethren Meeting House; it later became a Christian Brethren Chapel. The chapel is still in use today.

 

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 20/11/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.