Hereford Primitive Methodist Church

By Jill Barber

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Hereford Primitive Methodist Church' page

Steven Wild

Photo:Church photographed in 1991

Church photographed in 1991

David Hill

This page was added by Jill Barber on 11/07/2015.
Comments about this page

The Herefordshire Through Time website records the following.

Hereford: Primitive Methodist Chapel

HER no. 36573, OS grid ref: SO 5128 3984

This chapel was built in 1880 to replace the earlier Methodist Chapel further along St. Owen Street (see above). It is a Gothic-style construction of good size with impressive interior galleries. The front wall is of three bays with a pediment enclosing a date-tablet. There was originally a central entrance with a small window above and tall windows with round-arched heads on either side. 

(Information taken from Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England, Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses in Central England, 1986)

The church is still open today (2015) being the largest church in the Herefordshire (South and East) Methodist Circuit.

By Geoff Dickinson
On 24/10/2015

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.