South Shields; Glebe PM Church

Co. Durham

By Richard Jennings

Click here to see an account of the opening of the predecessor to this chapel in December 1821.

Photo:Glebe PM Church, South Shields pictured in 1983 - the building was gutted by fire in 1987 and subsequently demolished

Glebe PM Church, South Shields pictured in 1983 - the building was gutted by fire in 1987 and subsequently demolished

Bede Circuit Archive Collections

Photo:Glebe PM Church, South Shields in 1983

Glebe PM Church, South Shields in 1983

Bede Circuit Archive Collections

Photo:Glebe PM Church, South Shields Sunday School Bazaar, 1924

Glebe PM Church, South Shields Sunday School Bazaar, 1924

Bede Circuit Archive Collections

This page was added by Richard Jennings on 01/02/2015.
Comments about this page

The Shields Daily Gazette of 29 November 1889 reported the opening of the new Glebe P.M. Lecture Hall and Schools, Westoe Lane, South Shields.  The preacher at the two opening services was Mr Stephenson Stobbs.

By David Tonks
On 15/09/2017

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.