Frizington, Main Street PM Chapel, Cumberland

Grid ref NY036174

By GW Oxley

The Chapel was built in 1877 and the school in1894 at a cost of £1656. The chapel had 210 lettable and 100 free sittings. It had been closed by 1940. The chapel and school were sold for £200 in 1941-2 [It was situated in Main  Street, directly opposite the Wesleyan Chapel 


Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven DCM2/387

Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal  WDFCM7 Synod Minutes  1937-1974 [NB inconsistencies in the description and reporting of works may mean that some projects are entered twice]

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940

Carlisle Library, 1A287 St John’s Methodist Church, Frizington, Twenty Fifth Anniversary, 1981

This page was added by GW Oxley on 28/09/2017.