Easington Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire

By Raymond E.O.Ella

Easington is about six miles south-eat of Patrington.

East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley, has the following information about this chapel.

Ref. MRW for the collection of Withernsea (Patrington) Methodist Circuit, 1836-2012: to include Easington Primitive Methodist Chapel Records, also PM Baptisms 1842-1884  amongst former Patrington Primitive Methodist Circuit Records.

Ref. QDR/3/5: Registration of the Primitive Methodist Church/Chapel Easington 6th April 1852.

Genuki records that the Primitive Chapel at Easington was built in 1851, a year after a Wesleyan chapel was built.

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 08/04/2018.
Comments about this page

The Return for the earlier Chapel to The Census of Religious Worship, 1851 (TNA HO129/521/1/14/29) was completed by John Marshall, Minister in the Patrington Circuit.  The Chapel was erected in 1822 and could accommodate 132 people.  On Census Sunday it had attendances of 130 in the evening.  In the 'Remarks' column the Minister wrote “We are on the eve of erecting a new Chapel, the old one being insufficient to accommodate our increasing congregations.”

By David Tonks
On 15/05/2018

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.