Dent Primitive Methodist Chapel West Yorkshire

Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Dent Primitive Methodist Chapel West Yorkshire' page
Photo: Illustrative image for the 'Dent Primitive Methodist Chapel West Yorkshire' page

This building may have been erected in 1841

Dent is a historic village. It lies in the beautiful valley of Dentdale within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The village remains relatively untouched with its cobbled streets and white washed cottages.

In the main street is Meadowside Café Bar. Looking at this building no one would believe it was once a Primitive Methodist chapel. It was! The self catering accommodation with it was once the Sunday School. The village was associated with Primitive Methodism between 1841 and 1934 so at the moment we are presuming that a Primitive Methodist chapel functioned here between those dates. In 1934 just after 'Union 'it is likely that the Primitives joined with the Wesleyans their chapel being directly across the road. No other information is available.

Photos taken November 2016

OS Map Ref:98:SD703871

This page was added by Elaine and Richard Pearce on 03/11/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.