Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Photo:Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Keith Guyler 1996

Photo:Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

E & R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

E & R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Graveyard of Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Graveyard of Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

E & R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Graveyard of Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

Graveyard of Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel

E & R Pearce October 2016

Photo:Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel -  Rear view

Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel - Rear view

E & R Pearce October 2016

Location of Deepdale Methodist chapel

Deepdale, Sedburgh, West Yorkshire

By Christopher Hill

Deepdale Primitive Methodist Chapel was opened in 1889.  It is located on the corner where Dyke Hall Lane meets the road to Dent. It is a small stone built chapel with an extension. There is also a graveyard with several gravestones. The chapel nestles among woodland and from it there are lovely views over the valley of Deepdale. When the chapel closed in 1995 the congregation united with the former Wesleyan chapel in Dent to form Dentdale Methodist church.

In 2016 this chapel remains empty. When it closed in 1995 it was bought by an antique dealer and used for storage. It has recently been sold again with outline planning permission to change it into a dwelling.

OS Map Ref:98:SD722859

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 19/01/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.