Burstwick Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire

By Raymond E.O.Ella

East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley, has the following information about this chapel.

Ref. MRW/4/1-4: Burstwick Primitive Methodist Chapel, built 1826, rebuilt 1848, closed 1898 and the current Chapel was built that year, sold in 2011. Document amongst this reference.

Ref. MRW is for the Withernsea (Patrington) Methodist Circuit. They include Records for the former Patrington Primitive Methodist Circuit, to include Burstwick.

Ref. QDR/3/3:Registration of the Primitive Methodist Church/Chapel at Burstwick., 6th Jan., 1881.

Follow these link to view a picture of the church on Geograph and Genuki.

See also further information on this page - http://www.myprimitivemethodists.org.uk/documents/E_Riding_PM_chapels_date_recorded1.pdf

Paul Glazzard onhttps://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Methodist_Church_Burstwick_1.jpgreports: “Primitive Methodist Church at the junction of Station Road and Back Lane, Burstwick. Until recently the church had a spire but this was taken down in December 2007, presumably before it fell down. The wooden framework of the bell tower had been looking a bit tatty for some time, causing the slate roofed spire to lean ever so slightly out over the road.”

This page was added by Geoff Dickinson on 08/04/2018.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.