1858 chapel openings and more

Photo: Illustrative image for the '1858 chapel openings and more' page

Index of 1858 Primitive Methodist Magazine accounts of chapel openings, re-openings and foundation-stone laying

By Christopher Hill

In the 1858 volume of the Primitive Methodist magazine (excluding September 1858) there are 51 openings, re-openings and foundation stone layings reported. 

At Kingstone in the Cwm circuit members of the parish church "exerted themselves to procure ground not so close to the church" for the Primitive chapel.

At Faversham in the Canterbury circuit, the society had been thrown out of two previous meeting houses before it built its chapel.

Some members at Tetbury were unhappy with the previous chapel  as it was too close to the pub.

At the opening of Kings Lynn chapel, children were provided with plum pudding and roast beef.

Sunderland Flag Lane chapel was built through "the agency of persons lightly thought of in the world's estimation"

Downloads

1858 chapel openings
1858 chapel openings (112k)
Index of 1858 Primitive Methodist Magazine accounts of chapel openings, re-openings and foundation-stone laying

This page was added by Christopher Hill on 12/05/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.